13 Oct 2007

The Green Mile绿里奇迹

"I dreamed of you. I dreamed you were wondering in the dark. And so was I. And we found each other. We found each other in the dark."

"On the day of my judgment, when I stand before god, and he asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles. What am I going to say? That it was my job?"

John Coffey is a miracle.

The story happened in the Green Mile, Block E of a prison. John Coffey, an enormous black man, entered the Mile. He was sentenced death as he raped and killed two little girls.

But he didn't seem evil at all. He was afraid of dark. He was kind and helpful. On top of all, he had a kind of miraculous power gifted by the god. With his hand, he cured Paul's bladder infection. When Percy, a sinister prison guard who always wanted to bully the prisoners, trampled the only company of a prisoner-a mouse-to death, John used his power and saved the mouse.

Finally on his way to help cure the warden's wife who had a malignant tumor, another killer in prison, Billy, held his hand, and at this point of time, he felt the truth. After curing the lady, he didn't let the black snow out of his mouth, which made him enormously weak. Then, after getting back, he transferred the snow of evil to Percy, who then killed Billy, and who himself at last became a patient at the local madhouse.

Then he revealed the truth. It was Billy who raped and killed the two little girls, not him. He felt this when Billy held his hand. And he made both Percy and Billy suffer.

But no one could help John Coffey. Finally he died in front of the swearing parents' of the dead girls and others who resented him for killing. He never got a chance to claim himself innocent.

I thought the story was wonderful. It really grabbed my heart. Tom Hanks was great. But I really like the John Coffey better.

Stephen King is a genius. From the Shawshank Redemption to the Green Mile, his stories are unforgettable and they touch my heart.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

你没觉得李炳宪长得很凶吗?

不帅。。。

海报上那张照片太像了

学物理吧

我昨天还上网查了查

学物理的就业率那叫一个高!