23 Jun 2007

2007-01-27

Today I found every Chinese in the boarding school except my fellows from Xianyang is very rich. There's a boy whose father is a mayor. Others' parents are mostly businessmen. This reminds me of the ancient China, where women are to marry rich men, and at least the men must have more property than women. I used to think this thought is very vulgar in the eyes of youth nowadays. But a senior tells me it's not true. She said she was to find a boy who had to be richer than her. Money in this world was the most important factor. I was quite startled. She then told me there was a girl in her school who always liked rich men and spent his money.

This world itself is like this, I thought. When I was in primary school I believed in romance in soap operas. Now I am in secondary school I believe that true love can overcome all the obstacles. I despise things that are linked with money. But I wonder what I will be like in the future. The senior who told me those is going to be 19. She has a boyfriend. I think people will be mature after 18. But I don't think she's more mature than me. Or rather, I am the most childish one who have never experienced real life.

No comments: